Home
About Us
 
Support the Center
Art & Science Grants
The Culture Club Blog
Exhibitions
 
Calendar of Events
 
Rent the Center
The Culture Club: Sometimes you just gotta say, Someday....

The Culture Club

Musings on arts, culture and more in Flagstaff, Arizona - from the staff of Flagstaff Cultural Partners

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Sometimes you just gotta say, Someday....


I consider myself a pretty laid back vacationer. I’m not one of those people who plans an agenda and sticks to time slots. In fact, that drives me crazy. If someone wants to go to the beach, an M’s game, visit a great aunt, then great! I’m down. Lately though, I’ve been daydreaming of a completely selfish vacation. An art only vacation (well not only art, but with that purpose in mind).
This is my promise to myself. Someday, I will take a vacation that is purely for the love of art. I will not visit any family members. I will not bring my husband, daughter or dog. Unless of course they want to come, but there will be no compromises in this vacation, and I sure will not feel guilty for wanting to go to just one more gallery before lunch or visit every single exhibit at the Getty. I’ll do what I want and it will be glorious.
I’m about to take off for Los Angeles in the morning, and though I will undoubtedly have a great time with my parents, sisters, grandma and friends, I most likely will not see any art. It will be just out of my reach, as usual, because that’s not what this quick trip is about. This trip is about sharing the new Baby-Love with the family, and I love that, its just not art.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At March 12, 2010 at 9:13 AM , Blogger Joe C said...

I'm in!

 
At March 13, 2010 at 8:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jill - Congrats on the new Baby, the ultimate artistic creation!

Sorry Regular Art will have to wait but then...For an "All Art All The Time Vacation" sign in with ici for total immersion into arts and cultural content (soon) wherever you visit.

ici is an interactive, location-based iPhone/iPod Touch/Android app that publishes arts calendars, blogs and event information -- at no charge to select arts & cultural organizations! Check it out on Facebook or to see ici in action, check out the PHILAGRAFIkA exibition in Philadelphia.

http://www.philagrafika2010.org/news/philagrafika-2010-your-pocket-new-ici-app-iphoneipod-touchandroid-device-provides-mobile-guide-

Don't mean to be pushy but just think this app has great potential to get the "good news" out there about the arts.

Have a safe trip!

Cheers!

Maggi Kirk
New fan of Coconino Center for the Arts

 

Post a Comment

Talk with us, post your comment!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home