Home
About Us
 
Support the Center
Art & Science Grants
The Culture Club Blog
Exhibitions
 
Calendar of Events
 
Rent the Center
The Culture Club: Living

The Culture Club

Musings on arts, culture and more in Flagstaff, Arizona - from the staff of Flagstaff Cultural Partners

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Living

Sometimes, I don't know what to blog about. When you don't attend culturally and artsy events, it's hard to write about them. Which leaves me wondering, why don't I go? Is sitting in front of a TV or computer worth missing a great local musician or traveling artist or that beautiful fall sunset that turns the entire mountain pink? Because to me, there's nothing better than walking through the streets of Downtown Flagstaff in that moment when the air chills just enough to turn my breath into little puffs of white.

So, why do I miss it?

What if I don't miss it because I'm lazy. What if I miss it because I'm too busy and stressed and have to clean and cook and the in-laws are visiting next week and that report is do and money is tight and it's uncomfortable going alone...

I know you, too, have an excuse for missing out. No matter the excuse, it's not worth it. Life is a series of busy days that leave you wanting to stay in and close the blinds. It would be a shame to let that life keep you from really living.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Talk with us, post your comment!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home