Home
About Us
 
Support the Center
Art & Science Grants
The Culture Club Blog
Exhibitions
 
Calendar of Events
 
Rent the Center
The Culture Club: Night Lights

The Culture Club

Musings on arts, culture and more in Flagstaff, Arizona - from the staff of Flagstaff Cultural Partners

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Night Lights

"Night Lights" by Jason Sacran

I grew up in a tiny town in the Arizona White Mountains on a street corner that's not quite as well lit or well maintained as the one in "Night Lights" by Jason Sacran. But when I look at this painting, I'm back in Heber/Overgaard. I'm walking along the highway by the park in only a t-shirt when it's too cold to not have a jacket. I'm falling asleep against the window in the back seat of my parent's truck, a full load of firewood in the bed. I'm leaving my high school sweetheart's house where I just had meat and potatoes for dinner. My dad's in the passenger's seat teaching me to drive a stick-shift. My best friend and I are laying on top of blankets in the dirt.

I don't know where this corner streetlight is, but I know where it takes me.

It takes me home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Talk with us, post your comment!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home