Home
About Us
 
Support the Center
Art & Science Grants
The Culture Club Blog
Exhibitions
 
Calendar of Events
 
Rent the Center
The Culture Club: I am a poet. And I do know it.

The Culture Club

Musings on arts, culture and more in Flagstaff, Arizona - from the staff of Flagstaff Cultural Partners

Thursday, April 15, 2010

I am a poet. And I do know it.

Much to my delight
at first morning's light
NPR did cite
that April is National Poetry Month, did I hear that right?

After wiping the sleep from my face
to my computer I raced
And sought from Google my fate
that today I would indeed be in a poetic state!

When I draw circles, they resemble pears
A decent painting of mine is rare
Only thing centered in my photos is the air,
But me, write a rotten poem? Now that's a dare.

A month's worth of vernacular to deliberate
to help pick your fave wordsmiths to celebrate
Or script your own words to dedicate
Practice poetry, it's never too late!


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Talk with us, post your comment!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home