Home
About Us
 
Support the Center
Art & Science Grants
The Culture Club Blog
Exhibitions
 
Calendar of Events
 
Rent the Center
The Culture Club: Thanks

The Culture Club

Musings on arts, culture and more in Flagstaff, Arizona - from the staff of Flagstaff Cultural Partners

Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanks

I admit this post is a day late, but I was too busy stuffing my face with turkey and pumpkin pie yesterday to bother with writing it. The following, in no specific order, are things I'm thankful for: (including, but not limited to)

1. Sweaters
I wear a lot of them.

2. The Snowy Peaks at Night
Nothing is more beautiful than the blue glow on the San Francisco peaks during a full moon in winter.

Photo: Genesis Realty





3. Coffee
I'm not only thankful for the way that coffee tastes or the how it wakes me up after a long night. While I was a student at NAU, I paid my bills by making coffee.





4. Good Coworkers
If you've ever taken a job with coworkers that are less than nice to you, you'll understand why I'm so very grateful for nice coworkers. The staff at Flagstaff Cultural Partners are talented and passionate and genuinely kind. I'm thankful that I can also call them my friends.


5. Stars
The sky literally comes to life at night. I don't take lightly that I get to witness it every evening while city-dwellers have to make a trip for it.

Photo: flagstaffdarkskies.org



6. The Internet
Seriously.

7. People That Are More Talented Than Me

I'm not an artist. I'm not a craftsman. I'm not a musician. So I'm extra thankful for people who are.

8. Dairy Products
The staple of my diet.








9. Flagstaff

I'm more than grateful that I call the best place in the world my home. There's beauty in the diverse community here. I've yet to visit another city where I can find a full-time mother, a hippie, a congressman, a student, a poet, an artist, a Muslim, a Christian, a Hindu, and a Baha'i all enjoying coffee in the same cafe. The people in this city have taught me to open myself to experiences even if I don't believe in them. To accept my neighbor without trying to change him. To always seek truth, but not to force my truth on others. I am the person I am because I live here. I am head over heals in love with this city and its people.
Photo: Jeremy Woodhouse

10. People Who Love Me

What are you thankful for?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Talk with us, post your comment!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home