Home
About Us
 
Support the Center
Art & Science Grants
The Culture Club Blog
Exhibitions
 
Calendar of Events
 
Rent the Center
The Culture Club: Consider this my Introduction to the Culture Club.

The Culture Club

Musings on arts, culture and more in Flagstaff, Arizona - from the staff of Flagstaff Cultural Partners

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Consider this my Introduction to the Culture Club.

It’s 11:29pm on a Thursday night, which for the majority of the early twenties population would mean nothing, but when your one of those people who dread falling asleep in fear of their just a tad too early alarm clock, like me…. its late.  Late, because I know that I am no where near the state of sleeping, rather I am quite the opposite, I am on a total music high, ears ringing, legs restless from dancing, and forever dilated pupils from what I have just witnessed. There is no greater feeling then this, so rather than prep for tomorrow long day like I should be doing, I am simply soaking it all in. 
 
These are the moments, the feelings that make me proud to be a music lover, a fan, and sometimes a borderline groupie. Tonight was a night that caught me off guard, but the best live music moments happen to always be that way.  I headed down to the Orpheum Theater in Downtown Flag with high hopes, and little expectations for what this weeknight free concert would be. I must say though the event already had to major things going for it, local and free, which a this point in my life pretty much bears all greatness. 
My attention was instantly captured by the quirky looking gentlemen in the blue and white striped vintage pants strutting across the stage, like he just stepped out of some amazing “happening” in the sixties. The site of the other  the four perfectly outfitted band member brought me right out of my seat to the very edge of the stage, like a bug flying towards the light. 
                                         He's my Brother She's my Sister - Orpheum Theater - 10/4/12

From the first pound on unique three piece drum set, to the to the crowd begging for a second encore, it was complete magic. Sure the music was upbeat and catchy, but there is something to be said about the relatively unknown bands' outstanding stage presence. I was convinced I would attend this show, simply to not miss the opportunity for some free live music, but in return ended up staying till the very last song not wanting it to end. 
Following the rest of the crowd I made my way over to the merch table there I spend just $20 for the bands only two albums, which went directly into my CD player, and I continued to listen to their upbeat tone the whole way home. Simply to hop on the couch flip open my laptop and continue to live in the moment, rambling on about the experience through this blog.
I suppose the propose of this overly enthusiastic, and some what on running babble, would be to never hesitate to go to a show that you think might have an ounce of potential. I’ve traveled much to far, and paid much to much money to see a great band play a somewhat great show. It’s the shows that are just down the street, and are cost you nothing  that you are sure to never forget. That being said, thank you to the Orpheum, not just putting on one of the best free shows I’ve ever seen, but rather thanks for one of the best show I’ve seen in a very long time, period.

2 Comments:

At October 12, 2012 at 8:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

:)

 
At October 13, 2012 at 9:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree. Areal high highlight of this past year for downtown's music scene

 

Post a Comment

Talk with us, post your comment!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home