Home
About Us
 
Support the Center
Art & Science Grants
The Culture Club Blog
Exhibitions
 
Calendar of Events
 
Rent the Center
The Culture Club: The Great Outdoors

The Culture Club

Musings on arts, culture and more in Flagstaff, Arizona - from the staff of Flagstaff Cultural Partners

Thursday, December 13, 2012

The Great Outdoors

I haven’t been a resident of Arizona for very long, around 5 months now, so I am still exploring all the wonderful features of the West. I must say one of my favorite things about living here is all the outdoor recreation there is. Growing up back east there aren’t many national parks to visit so I have really enjoyed taking the opportunity to since living here. 

Within my first week of living in Flagstaff I made a trip up to the Grand Canyon to see what all the hype was about, and it was of course incredible and mind blowing. I have yet to venture too far into the canyon, but I see many opportunities for that now that it is only an hour and a half away.

Just recently I visited Zion National Park to do some backpacking... that place is truly magical. One of my favorite places in the entire country, so I thought I would share some pictures from the trip.
If you ever have the chance, I highly recommend exploring the back country of our nation parks. That is where the real beauty is, plus you wont have to worry about all the RV buses obstructing your view.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Talk with us, post your comment!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home